Tuesday 12 January 2010

Happy New Year!!

First post of 2010!!!!! That's disgraceful as it's now the 12th January. I have good excuses for not blogging though..........I spent New Year in a haze of alcohol and puke (sorry). New Years Eve was spent at Stacy and Andy's. I can't remember much after midnight but I've seen the photos and it wasn't very dignified! I can tell you that Black Sambuca gives you black vomit! Spent all New Years Day in bed. Tried getting up a few times but felt too ill and had to climb back under the duvet. Finally recovered by the 4th Jan, just in time to start my new job as Bank Manager!

I'm on the steepest learning curve ever but I'm sure I'll grasp all this managing a bank stuff soon! I'm certainly back in my comfort zone.

Simon started his new job yesterday as well so we are both finding our feet at the moment. It is a relief to have two decent wages coming in again. We are doing the mortgage application tomorrow. Touch wood there will be no problems.

Weather has been cooler over the past week. It's been hovering around 26 - 30 degrees. Last Sunday a cloud actually came over and blocked the sunshine! Terrible weather!. Anyway, it's heating up now and we have 42 degrees forecast for next Sunday. Whoo hoo!!

Last week there were 3 beaches closed on a couple of days because there were several sharks spotted lurking near the shore. Two of the sharks were only 20m away from the shoreline!! So we are a bit cautious when taking a dip in the ocean now. They seem pretty good though for identifying when there are sharks nearby. They have a helicopter flying up and down the coast looking for them.

I think that's all for now. I'll be back soon.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you all xx Glad both your new jobs are ok. Thomas went on his email today & saw Nathan's message from Xmas eve, I think he's replied.
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete